Sunday, September 22, 2013

September 22, 2013

We had another great week.  The only difference was this week I turned 65. Its good to make it to this age but now I not only look old but I am old.  Oh well, it beats the alternative. 
Sisters Aeschbacher and Burton made me the best ice cream pie ever.  They are such wonderful Sisters and work so hard.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I heard from all our children and grandchildren too.  It makes a birthday pretty special. 
Then on Saturday, our P day I went golfing with Elder and Sister Pettingill.  He is a pro golfer and she could be.  It was so beautiful and fun.  You can feel fall in the air.  The leaves are starting to turn and it feels wonderful.
The work of the Lord continues to roll forward.  We are getting more and more missionary's which requires more and more of everything we do.  But it is all good.
We are opening more and more areas and I am trying to find more and more apartments.  The church has finally stopped supplying more cars so now we have more missionary's walk and get bikes.  We have 6 now in our ward and with us it is 8.  I think President Stoker is going to assign 2 more Sisters at this next transfer.  Wow, lots of missionary's.  They are all to special.  It sure keeps President and Sister Stoker busy.  They were on the road 4 days last week. 
Well I better start getting ready for church.  We are going to the mission office to pick up the van (moose) as we are picking up an investigator and her 5 children.  We just got a call from another set of Elders and we need to pick up 2 more investigators.  Wow, moose will be full.  Love the Lords work!


No comments:

Post a Comment