Sunday, June 22, 2014

June 22, 2014

As you can see from the pictures,  the weather has been just wonderful.  We took Friday afternoon off and met Elder and Sister Osborne and Elder and Sister Harman in Woodstock Vermont.  Myself, Elder Harman, Elder Pettingill, and Elder Osborne played a round of golf while our wives went sight seeing.  The top picture is the longest covered bridge in New England.  It spans the Connecticut river.  The picture of Miriam and Sister Pettingill shows the beauty of the country.  We had a wonderful day ending with a great dinner.  It is fun to associate with the other senior missionaries on a casual basis. 
President and Sister Stoker have been gone all week.  They had interviews everyday except Monday in the Maine Zones.  They stayed up in Bangor Maine to speak today at one of the Wards and they will get home this evening sometime.  They work so hard and we love them so much.
   I got some wonderful news this week concerning my health.  My previous cancer diagnosis requires me to have a biopsy on my stomach every six months.  Last winter when I went through all the testing it came back with a question as to whether I had some cancer cells starting to grow.  This was very concerning and they wanted to do all the testing again.  However, my stomach was too raw to take another sample for the biopsy.  I had to wait 8 to 10 weeks for my stomach to heal enough before another sample could be taken. 
   So we told our children not to make any plans to come out until we had the results of the next tests.  We went about our work, having faith that whatever the Lord wanted for us would be ok.  We never wanted to worry anyone in our mission so we decided to wait for the new test results before we said anything. 
   Well, that past few weeks the new test results started coming in and they were very good.  This past Wednesday, my Oncologist gave me the all clear.  And even better, he stated that every test was excellent and that I was the high point or the best diagnosis he was able to give that day.  Needless to say Miriam and I were elated.
   We are so grateful to our Heavenly Father for the blessing of health and the ability to continue our mission.   I was the recipient of blessings of so many prayers.  I know all of our family fasted and prayed for me.  I was told that our Aubry wasn't having breakfast one morning and her dad asked her if she was ok.  She said she was and that she wanted to fast again for Grandpa.  Needless to say, Grif and Brittny marveled at her faith.  I know this is just one story of all the families concern for me.  I love them all so much.
   Miriam and I love the Lord and love the opportunity we are having to serve Him as missionaries.  Our testimonies grow each and everyday as we work with all of these wonderful young missionaries.  They are an inspiration to us.  Some struggle, some don't, and we love them all the same.  The work isn't easy but it sure is worth it.  The Gospel is True!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment